Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Checking in

800 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Carnage 
#1 ·
Yo! Just another dude checking in. Just picked me up a very nice, mint condition K7 GSXR 600. I have been riding for about 6 years, had a few CBR 600 (03 to 06) and a R6S (03). Just wanna drop in and holla!!! The front brake is the only complaint I have on the bike.

Got a question for yall thou. My bike front brake is pretty spongy and unresponsive. I am getting the front brake master cylinder recall done. Just how good is that new brake master cylinder?

#2 ·
Welcome aboard , I'm sure someone with knowledge on that year bike will chime in ... There could be a number of reasons for the brakes to be spongy , has the bike sat for any long period of time ???

#3 ·
I haven't heard of any issues after the recall.

I would still suggest doing a proper bleed job with good DOT4 fluid, even after the recall.

#5 ·
The bike did sit for awhile, but I have the brake flashed and it only help a little. That brake (or whatever components) is weak and it does need to be replaced. I am glad I saw the recall and the dealer is getting the parts for it.

#8 ·
Does it have the original rubber brake lines? Those deteriorate over time and get spongy. Get a set of steel braided lines instead, they have sleeve of steel weave over the hose itself, keeps it from expanding.

#11 ·
Get Galfer or Spiegler braided lines, and bleed the system well with good quality DOT4 fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.