For all new riders/thinking about riding - Page 3 - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:18 PM
All of my posts are novels. Don't bother reading them.

Re: For all new riders/thinking about riding

Yeah I agree with you bueshy and thank you for your last response.

Also LEKS I have very thick skin, which is one reason why I respect Oldgixxer and cleaned up my comments (I reread and I was disrespectful). I know you don't, but everyone who knows me personally gives me crap constantly because I am someone who can handle it. I plan on being here for a while because no matter how much crap you guys give me, I feel there are members here who are committed to new riders who have more and better information than other people I talk to.

I will say, however, that you need to understand we are many times dealing with young teenagers on here and they are definitely not here to be harassed just because your seniority allows you too. Anthony D and LEKS dealt with my questions very respectfully and treated me as a friend rather than a punk. In turn it led to me making what will more than likely one of the best and safest decisions of my life. On the other hand, comments made that were "brash" or "normal" not only put me on the brink to leaving for another site but also getting a bigger bike that would have been potentially catastrophic.

This may not be the place for this because its a starting line area and not a forum suggestion box like the other one, but I want to make clear that there are 6 different forums when you google search "gsxr forums" on the very first page. I chose this one and am happy to be a part, but not everyone will feel the way I do. I have been in and out of forums for the past few years and I put my chips in this one. I am committed to you guys, but I want some commitment back. This is for all the veterans here, because you guys have been around for 60k posts while we have been around for 10. I am sorry but most kids wont sit and read 20-50 hours of content to get their questions answered and will end up asking it in forums until someone nice, such as Anthony D or LEKS has done with me. If it's too frustrating to hear these repetitive comments then why not stay out of the threads, instead of making matters worse. Everyone is Mr. Bigshot on forums because there is honestly hardly any repercussions; being another bigshot really doesn't help anything.

If I get warned for trolling I just want to say that I am not trying to be a troll, and I feel the rule should be for everyone regardless of their status or post count. If you want new people not to troll then out of respect and reason do not post comments on an open forum humiliating and disrespecting a new member and then ban them when they stick up for themselves. I think you all have extremely good advice and I assume most of you have kids. Treat us like we are your children and don't throw us under the bus because we don't have as much experience on this forum as you do.

I personally want to see this community continue to be successful and be a safe place for beginners to post and ask questions. If you really want to save our lives then please put the frustration and epeen behind you and acknowledge that most "beginners on liters" are young kids who most likely haven't thought through their decision properly. I can tell you right now, I would rather read 20 of the exact same post and save one life, then read, berate and ban 20 of the exact same posts just to find out later that kid died in a motorcycle accident. If my time and my comments can save just one life, I would happily read 200 threads of the same thing or however many you think is too much.

If you don't believe me understand as a new rider I have read the same stickies on multiple forums, I have read through the same stupid "starting line" areas in other forums hearing kids ask the same question over and over and reading the same responses over and over. The difference between you and me is instead of posting the same stuff over and over, I read and try to ingest the same stuff over and over. I have reading and researching for over 5 years on this (not continually obviously, I have a life) so while my post count is double digits my read count is more in the 4-5 digits for real.

As I close, if you end up banning me, editing my post, or deleting my post that is your decision. I can go to other forums, I can make other accounts and just ask my necessary questions, but you are the one who may cost a life not me. You may only have one day or one thread or one post with these kids, and an effectively constructed comment that encourages mature, responsible, safe decisions supported by your earnest care and regard for their life and well-being will go so much further than a berating or humiliating comment made for your entertainment at their expense.

If we can start a sub-forum or an area where we make jokes and talk about the crap and humorous things we see throughout the day with a warning as someone enters that wouldn't bother me at all, heck I would not mind joining in and being the brunt of your jokes. In sticky threads and in new member threads, however, I personally (which really may mean nothing) would get more information, more satisfaction, and more efficient decision making if they remain and or moderate to be respectful, caring, and thoughtful posts.

Thanks for reading this long post,

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Provisional Novice

Tim, get out and ride mate.

You type a lot of prose for someone who is keen to ride.

Down Under there's a saying 'either take a shite or get off the potty'.

^^Take these as friendly words of encouragement.
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
Tim, get out and ride mate.

You type a lot of prose for someone who is keen to ride.

Down Under there's a saying 'either take a shite or get off the potty'.

^^Take these as friendly words of encouragement.
Man if you only knew how bad I want to. Due to financial restraints I need to wait until after I get out of school to get my bike. Plus I really think taking the MSF class is necessary since I haven't been on the road and it lowers bike insurance. The years prior to this I was living with my parents and they wouldn't allow me to get one. I can assure you I will post pictures when the day comes and if anyone rides in my area I wouldn't mind meeting up and getting some tips (chattanooga, TN).
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Both OG&I admitted we were wrong on 5/13/15

Motorcycle: Two wheels and goes VROOM, VROOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHaire View Post
...when the day comes and if anyone rides in my area I wouldn't mind meeting up and getting some tips (chattanooga, TN).
Make a post in the regional sub-forum for meet ups when the time comes.
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Vegemite-eating SuperModerator...

Motorcycle: K3 GSXR 1000/2011 R1/2004 CBR 600RR track bike / 1994 GSXR 750/1996 CBR900RR / 2002 sv650s (wifes) /2003 CBR600RR / 2006 CBR 1000RR / 1997 GSXR 600 / 2001 RSV Aprilia 1000 / 2011 Z1000 / 2006 VTR 1000

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
What is this quess work you speak of? I'm Guessing,but I just cant seem to figure it out.

I was thinking of 'The Queen' himself ... OF !!!

Speed texting got me bad mate ... Dammit lol
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 06:08 AM
I CAN tell the difference between a squirrel and a monkey...

Location: In the garage, smoking one of Anthony D's cigars...
Motorcycle: None, gave them all to Anthony D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8you4t View Post

I was thinking of 'The Queen' himself ... OF !!!

Speed texting got me bad mate ... Dammit lol[/QUOTE]
You know I love you regardless you Aussie bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha750 View Post
Make a post in the regional sub-forum for meet ups when the time comes.
I thought said more than once he was from Alaska;but now he says he's in TN?. With the novels he has written as replies I probably lost track.
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:29 AM
On hiatus...

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

TL;DR

Glad you decided on a small bike to learn on. Smart move.
oldgixxer and 8you4t like this.
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
I thought said more than once he was from Alaska;but now he says he's in TN?. With the novels he has written as replies I probably lost track.
It's really too bad you don't live in TN (I assume you don't, you may), cause it would be really funny to give you a wave as you left me in the dust and then seeing your middle finger when I finally caught back up at the next rest point. Perhaps a smirk and high five could be had or a GTFO of our riding group, I don't know.

BTW I have lived in every corner of the US except the Northeast. My mom is a nurse and takes new positions every 2-3 years since I was 10. I went to 13 different schools and this is my fourth different college/university and finally stopped moving when I met my wife down here in TN.

Tim
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
It's really too bad you don't live in TN (I assume you don't, you may), cause it would be really funny to give you a wave as you left me in the dust and then seeing your middle finger when I finally caught back up at the next rest point. Perhaps a smirk and high five could be had or a GTFO of our riding group, I don't know.
Tim
I dont really ride in groups,and when I do ride,I couldnt care less about other riders,how fast/slow they ride on the street as well as waving to them or flipping them off;I just ride.
I guess that was supposed to be a jab at me?
post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 12:20 PM

Well I would be lying if I said it wasn't directed at your sassy remarks, but it was all in good fun even if its not funny. Makes me feel better though. Honestly if and when I get on a bike I will also not ride in groups much. I wouldn't, however, be opposed to tips and advice from seasoned riders. Nonetheless, don't let me hog the potty while I patiently wait for my turn in line.

Last edited by DrHaire; 09-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I patiently weight for my turn in line.
*wait
post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:47 PM

I don't even know what you are talking about

P.S. Thanks
post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 PM
That's "Mr. Chalet" to you...

Holy mountains O' text batman. I had to get a haircut twice while reading new guy's posts and I still couldn't bring myself to finish.

WTF is that avatar, a selfie of you wielding a spear?
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 03:35 PM

Without a bike I have a lot more time on my hands, thus long posts I guess. Maybe I should take time to practice some brevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
It is a piece of metal stake. It was the day I killed this "loki-looking" bug and purposely blew everything out of proportion as a joke. Figured it could make a good avatar, perhaps not.
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Motorcycle: K3 GSXR 1000/2011 R1/2004 CBR 600RR track bike / 1994 GSXR 750/1996 CBR900RR / 2002 sv650s (wifes) /2003 CBR600RR / 2006 CBR 1000RR / 1997 GSXR 600 / 2001 RSV Aprilia 1000 / 2011 Z1000 / 2006 VTR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by le skid View Post
Holy mountains O' text batman. I had to get a haircut twice while reading new guy's posts and I still couldn't bring myself to finish.

Hahahaha ... This guy
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 05:53 PM
That's "Mr. Chalet" to you...

Quote:
Figured it could make a good avatar, perhaps not.
Hey, just asking is all. You gave me an idea for a well-earned, fancy new custom title for you though.
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Yes ... Well over due me thinks !!!
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:02 PM
On hiatus...

Motorcycle: Whatever oldgixxer has in his garage...
Garage

Did someone say custom title?
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:04 PM
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...

Motorcycle: K1 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D View Post
Did someone say custom title?
Do it!
post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:14 PM

Annnnd it's done ... He's lucky he only got that , wait for the four page reply stating how we are immature and aren't answering the questions lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode